Optimised Specification for Self-Builders, Architects and Developers
Squeeze the most value from your new-build BER budget
Get a value-engineered specification that is not only compliant, but also has been optimised for cost, comfort and energy-efficiency
Building a house in Ireland in 2017 is complicated and expensive. The number of factors to be considered is mind-boggling and combing through the overwhelming number of build options and regulations can be frustrating. Add rising construction costs into the mix and building a house can start to look like a struggle.
One particular sticking point is energy performance . Part L is a complex regulation that affects every stage of a build, from building orientation right through to the choice of lighting. Therefore, a well thought-out strategy on how to achieve compliance will result in getting real value for money, especially when choosing high-cost items like insulation, windows, heating systems and renewable technologies.
Here at Donovan Low Energy we show self-builders and architects how they can build a super-comfortable and energy-efficient home without blowing their budget. So, what's included in our optimised BER specification?:
- Cost analysis of your design using our extensive database of rates ensuring you get the best value for your budget
- A full review of your drawings and specification and subsequent suggestions on how you can affordably achieve the highest levels of energy efficiency, comfort and indoor-air-quality
- Advice on how you can build to higher standards like NZEB and Passive House
- Air-tightness and thermal bridge advice and detailing for your build-type
- Easy-to-understand specification schedules that can be shared with your build-team
- Final BER and Part L sign-off showing compliance with Building Control Regulations
- All assessments carried out by a SEAI-registered and Passive House certified building consultant
Hear what some our customers have to say: